14 Jul 2017
Translated that’s ‘asparagus salad with avocado and poached egg’ – a delicious, light meal you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Asparagus salad with avocado and poached egg
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 30g rocket lettuce
- 20g roasted capsicum, strips
- 2 eggs, poached
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a frypan, Sautee asparagus spears in olive oil.
- Place asparagus, rocket, capsicum and avocado in a bowl and dress with olive oil and vinegar.
- Place salad on a plate, top with warm poached egg.
- Sprinkle on some grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
For more information about hospitality and cookery courses available at TAFE Queensland visit www.tafeqld.edu.au.
Make an enquiry
Fill in your details and we’ll be in contact soon.