30 Jul 2017
This cheesecake recipe, courtesy of Chef Jason Ford (TAFE Queensland South West, Kingaroy), is a little different but we promise it’s delicious!
Quark and Prune Cheesecake with Strawberry Chili Salsa
- 20cm pre-baked sweet pastry base
- 150g cognac soaked prunes, chopped
- 250ml milk
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 125ml milk
- 85g custard powder
- 1tbsp dissolved gelatine
- 85g melted butter
- 650g quark cheese
- 250g yoghurt
- 85g egg whites
- 50g sugar
- strawberries, diced
- chili, chopped
- icing sugar
- Line the base of a 20cm cake tin with pre-baked sweet pastry.
- Scatter on the soaked prunes.
- Bring milk, sugar and vanilla pod to the boil. Then discard the vanilla pod.
- Add a paste, made with the additional cold milk and custard powder, to the boiling milk and return to heat to thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in dissolved gelatine and melted butter.
- Add quark cheese and yoghurt, mixing to a smooth paste.
- Whip egg whites and sugar to peaks and fold in to custard mixture.
- Pour over pre-baked pastry base and place in a hot oven at 225 degrees Celsius until top is golden brown. Remove and chill completely before serving with whipped cream and a salsa of fresh strawberries and chili.
For more information about hospitality and cookery courses at TAFE Queensland South West please call 1300 914 754 or visit www.tafesouthwest.edu.au.
Make an enquiry
Fill in your details and we’ll be in contact soon.